TRULINK wireless communication system
The TruLink system is a wireless internal communication system enabling clear communication in conditions of large ambient noise. It supports two-way communication in full duplex, which allows several users to communicate with each other at the same time. Unlike conventional walkie-talkies, TruLink operators can communicate with each other without pressing the “Push to talk (PTT)” button or waiting for another user to end the transmission. The TruLink system is characterized by its small size, resistance to the most difficult weather conditions, a simple control system, the possibility of hands-free communication, it is compatible with headsets from different manufacturers. All this means that it can be used in various air, land and marine applications by both commercial and military users.
Available TruLink units:
- TruLink Portable Transceiver (TPT) – Standard TruLink transceiver offering hands-free operation while eliminating ambient noise.
- Dual Portable Transceiver (DPT)– The DPT can be used as a portable interface to an existing wired ICS.
- Submersible Portable Transceiver (SPT)– The SPT has increased versatility for operation in maritime environments.
- Encryption Options
- NSA Type 1 Certified WindTalker Encryption Device (WED)
- Software-based FIPS-140 encryption
- Additional encryption options available
- TruLink Access Point (TAP)– The TAP is a permanent interface that can be wired into an existing ICS to extend ICS communications to wireless users.
- Battery Chargers
- Telephonics offers different battery charging options that will charge your TPT, SPT, or DPT.
- Platform Interface Cable (PIC) Cables
- Cables that interfaces a DPT to a variety of air, land, and sea platforms.
- TruLink Speaker Microphone (TSM)
- A small, portable speaker microphone that is connected to TruLink and worn by the user.
- TruLink Auxiliary Speaker System (TASS)
- Allows monitoring of TruLink system communications without a headset or handset.
- Multiple headsets are available for specific user applications.
- Tailoring of operation to specific user functional requirements via software
- Military, OSHA-Orange, and custom colours available.
- DPT Nosewheel Bag – With “Remove Before Flight” flag, safely holds the DPT and PIC cable.
Technical Specifications for Standard TPT
- TPT Size (w/o antenna): L6.1 x W2.9 x D1.9 inches
- TPT Weight: 11 oz. (with 3 AA batteries)
- Operating Time: 8 hours
- Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Range: Up to 2500 ft. (line-of-sight)
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +55°C
- Spread Spectrum: Frequency hopping, 50 hops per sec.
- Number of Channels: 50
- Number of Users per Channel: 31 (6 simultaneous talkers)
- MIL-STD-810F – Environmental Engineering and Laboratory Test
- MIL-STD-704A: Aircraft Electric Power Characteristics
- MIL-STD-464: Electromagnetic Environmental Effects Requirements
- MIL-STD-461E: Control of Electromagnetic Interference, Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment
- Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance (HERO Approved)