LWBR is a single, light-weight bunker roof designed for variable spans of 2.3m to 3.3m with a roof length of 5m. The roof comprises of extruded aluminum parts, wood outer panelling and a high-performance polyester outer cover.
- It is simplistic to build with simple tools, which are provided, and in-service light earthmoving equipment.
- The majority of construction takes place at ground level with partially completed roof segments lifted into place.
- Four persons and one piece of earthmoving equipment can construct one roof in half a day.
- Is effective against large mortar rounds
- Max clear span of 3.3m. Roof length of 5m in each kit
- Comes as a complete kit packed in one crate
- easy to transport.
- LWBR can be built on almost any wall capable of taking the load that the roof will impose upon it.
The structure can provide collective protection, for living accommodation, field hospitals, safe houses or overhead cover for ammunition and fuel stores.
Blast and fragmentation testing has been carried out with mortar rounds, with no penetration of fragments through the roof