HESCO BASTION RECOVERABLE MIL UNITS
Legendary MIL™ set, since its first use in 1991 during the Gulf War, is synonymous with protecting own troops. Structures created on the basis of Hesco Bastion Concertainer® sets are used for the protection of personnel, vehicles and military objects from the direct fire ballistic penetration, secondary fragmentation and the shock wave effect. MIL units were used during all conflicts with the participation of NATO troops, since the early nineties.
Advantages of the MIL units system:
- simplicity of design
- high flexibility in choosing dimensions of baskets and their amounts
- free design modelling
- possibility of cutting baskets vertically and horizontally
- filling speed
- filling with any available material (including snow in winter)
- multiplicity of applications in protective constructions, high usability
- high protective ability confirmed in tests
Recently, MIL R reusable sets have been developed. They have lower requirements regarding the effort needed for their recovery (thanks to structural changes).